Who doesn’t luuurve brownies? They are so delish but it’s pretty hard to find a recipe that isn’t loaded with sugar and refined oils. My easy go-to is usually Bobs Red Mill GF Brownie mix but they are positively loaded with sugar (too sweet). This is why the avocado brownie is the perfect alternative.
Healthy treats are a staple in my family, especially for me since I’m again growing another little human. I can’t think of a better time to be more concioius of the foods I put into my body. Making sure that my food choices are really nutrient dense even though, I’m not going to lie, I do have the very occasional craving for Sour Patch kids (it’s shameful). I swear as soon as I eat them, I see those little gummies travelling down my through, through my giant belly and straight to my pregnant a$$ and hips. Oh pregnancy, why must you be so cruel?
Some say pregnancy gives you glowing skin and luscious hair. Well my version of this is teenage acne and a halo of fine split baby hairs on my head from being pregnant. I’m also pretty certain that women with the cute little baby bumps are only found on instagram. I instead get ginormous boobs, big hips and a bum that needs its own postal code. And let us not forget the emotional ups and downs. I cry at most commercials and then need a nap to recover. Did I mention I’m only 19 weeks and not quite half way there? So yes, all the avocado brownies please!
Time to prepare: 50 minutes
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup natural unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips (these are the best- vegan, sugar free)
- 1 tsp stevia
- Preheat oven to 180 Celsius
- In a food processor, combine apple sauce and avocado. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into small bowl.
- Add in 3 whisked eggs and vanilla and stevia
- In a separate large bowl, combine dry ingredients (coconut flour, baking soda, and cacao powder and 1/2 cup chocolate chips)
- Pour in wet ingredients and mix well
- Place brownie mixture into small baking dish (lined with baking paper) or baking moulds.
- Top with remaining chocolate chips
- Bake for approx 25 minutes
- Allow to cool and enjoy!