This is one of my favourite Sunday meal prep recipes. It’s one that must be made when feeling a great level of self-control because this stuff is good, crazy-addictive good.
Nutty Granola one of the easiest recipes to make and is an excellent source of fats. You can eat this on its own, with milk, or I am a fan pairing it with greek yoghurt and a sprinkle of fruit (as pictured above).
Time to create: 35 min
Nutrition per serving: Protein 8g/Fats 30g/ Carbs 26g
- 1 cup raw Almonds
- 1 cup raw Pecans
- 1 cup raw Cashews
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 100g of Shredded Coconut
- 4 Tablespoons Maple Syrup (you can also use honey)
- 1 Egg white (this helps nuts to bind together)
- 3 Tbs Coconut Oil
- ½ Cup Raisins
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Chop all nuts into fine pieces. You can also use a food processor to do this, but I prefer to do this by hand so that pieces are even and not too small
- Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl (nuts, coconut, cinnamon)
- Whisk together coconut oil, egg white, and syrup
- Mix all ingredients together evenly
- Spread mixture onto large baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and stir in raisins
- Bake for further 10 minutes or until evenly browned
Allow to cool and store in airtight container. It will keep fresh for 7-10 days.